Sustainability Conscious Future
Mikro Papigo eco living
Mikro Papigo 1700 features as a sustainability role model for mountain- tourism in Greece for the concept and philosophy on all three dimensions of sustainability—economic, environmental (natural environment), and social (social environment).
Mikro Papigo 1700 has implemented environmental practices that address energy efficiency measures that reduce water consumption, waste, and carbon emissions and that control, protect, and maintain fauna and flora to promote of unique natural landscapes. The owners have focused on social practices that address the relations with charitable institutions, provide consumers high-quality services, and create a safe and healthy work environment.
The sustainable services strategy of Mikro Papigo 1700 has result in success not only because the characteristics highlighted by the company are authentic, credible, and environmentally relevant . The advantage of differentiation arises from the perception that the product/ service is more valuable, or unique, in the eyes of customers .because personality, experiences, and unique relationships of a company are difficult to imitate.
Focusing on the environmental sustainable profile of MP1700:
Long-term sustainability ROI include
- - Energy Star-rated heating and cooling systems, monitoring sensors with wireless reporting systems
- - Water recovery and recycling systems
- - Solar panels are not allowed on our heritage stone roofs. That is why we buy electricity exclusively from renewable energy sources for all our buildings.
- - All the buildings are made of local stone bought from old historic houses as well as an internal recycling of heavy architectural materials
- - The water used throughout the hotel comes from springs that flow abundantly all year round near the hotel, the same water that feeds the cleanest river in Europe, the Voidomatis River. These continuous flow sources are rich in antioxidants protected by a fortress of geological layers reinforced by winter ice.
- - The water of the indoor pool which permanently comes from the same water sources is recycled and filtered with active oxygen, the best eco way of disinfection with zero allergenic effects , mild ph and zero footprint in the environment.
Short-term sustainability ROI include
- - Τhe hotel as a member of Slow Food International has its own gardens which supplies the restaurant ‘Veranda 1700 Greek Organic Herbs Cuisine’. The seeds of cultivation are ancient & authentic, some products are even of great interest, for example the type of potato that is grown.
- - Sustainable management on hotel waste, plastic free
- - Compost whenever possible
- - Green for purchasing Make green decisions , opt for biodegradable, non-toxic products in sustainable packaging
- - The kilometer distance for purchasing supplies does not exceed 50 kilometers
Mikro Papigo 1700 has continually committed to behaving ethically and contributing to economic development that improves the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as the local community and society in general . The idea is to generate a “positive impact on society and the environment” through interactions with key stakeholders such as employees, customers and suppliers .
Social sustainability practices also include local initiatives related to charitable , voluntary actions , creating long-term partnerships with suppliers, treating all consumers fairly, providing high-quality services and products and a safe environment for consumers, and organizing activities with local community .
In addition to all these the owner of the Mikro Papigo 1700 is the CEO of Branding Greece www.brandinggreece.gr and founder of Epirus 365 project,, a wider effort to make Epirus region a sustainable - 365 days destination. Won the Bronze award for Strategy at Tourism Awards 2020, the official awards of the Greek Ministry of Tourism.
Mikro Papigo 1700 // *sustainable_mountain_tourism_product.